Su Zi Fructus Perillae
Ban Xia Rhizoma Pinelliae preparatum
Xuan Fu Hua Flos Inulae
Hou Po Cortex Magnoliae officinalis
Qian Hu Radix Peucedani
Zi Wan Radix Asteris
Fang Feng Radix Saposhnikoviae
Hu Tao Ren Semen Juglandis
Dan Shen Radix Salviae miltiorrhizae
Sang Bai Pi Cortex Mori
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Wu Wei Zi Fructus Schisandrae
Sang Ye Folium Mori
Xing Ren Semen Armeniacae
Huang Qin Radix Scutellariae
Rou Gui Cortex Cinnamomi
Zhi Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae preparata
Lung-Qi not descending, Kidneys not grasping Qi.
Restore the descending of Lung-Qi, expel Wind.
Tongue: Pale or normal-coloured.
Su Zi Jiang Qi Tang
Differences from Classical Antecedent
Stronger action in making Qi descend, antiallergy action (for allergic asthma).
This formula stimulates the descending of Lung-Qi. The Manifestation (Biao) is chronic Wind in the chest and the Root (Ben) is a deficiency of the Lungs and Kidneys.
The formulae Herbal Sentinel – Yang™ and Herbal Sentinel – Yin™ address the Root by tonifying Lungs and Kidneys, and the present formula Clear Qi™ addresses the Manifestation of allergic asthma by restoring the descending of Lung-Qi and expelling Wind from the chest.
- Su Zi, Ban Xia and Qian Hu restore the descending of Lung-Qi
- Hou Po relaxes the chest to relieve wheezing
- Dang Gui and Rou Gui tonify the Liver and Kidneys and strengthen Qi in the Lower Burner to stimulate the Kidneys’ grasping of Qi
- Xuan Fu Hua, Xing Ren, Sang Bai Pi and Zi Wan restore the descending of Lung-Qi
- Fang Feng and Sang Ye expels Wind from the chest
- Wu Wei Zi and Dan Shen have an anti-allergic effect; besides this, Wu Wei Zi tonifies the Lungs and Dan Shen calms the Mind
- Hu Tao Rou stimulates the Kidneys’ grasping of Qi
- Huang Qin was added to counterbalance the effect of the warm herbs in the formula
- Zhi Gan Cao harmonizes
Although Clear Qi™ contains Hu Tao Rou and Wu Wei Zi which tonify the Kidneys and Lungs, the main impact of the formula is not to tonify but to restore the descending of Lung-Qi and expel Wind to deal with the Manifestation, not the Root, of asthma.
The older the patient, the more he or she is likely to have some Phlegm. If there is Cold or Damp Phlegm, this formula can be combined with Limpid Sea™.
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, as prescribed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Do not take if nursing or pregnant. Not intended to replace a varied diet. Not to be consumed for longer 3 months on a continued basis.