Yi Yi Ren Semen Coicis
Cang Zhu Rhizoma Atractylodis lanceae
Qiang Huo Rhizoma Seu Radix Notopterygii
Du Huo Radix Angelicae pubescentis
Luo Shi Teng Caulis Trachelospermi jasminoides
Wei Ling Xian Radix Clematidis
Fang Feng Radix Saposhnikoviae
Dang Gui Radix Angelicae sinensis
Chuan Xiong Rhizoma Ligustici wallichii
Ban Xia Rhizoma Pinelliae preparatum
Gui Zhi Ramulus Cinnamomi
Ru Xiang Resina Olibani
Huang Qin Radix Scutellariae
Gan Cao Radix Glycyrrhizae
Damp-Heat in the joints, Blood stasis.
Drain Dampness, expel Wind, clear Heat, benefit the joints, invigorate Blood.
Tongue: Swollen with sticky-yellow coating.
Pulse: Slippery, rapid.
Yi Yi Ren Tang
Differences from Classical Antecedent
Invigorate Blood and eliminate Blood stasis.
This formula addresses only the Manifestation (Biao) in Bi Syndrome from Damp-Heat, usually due to Spleen-Qi deficiency and Liver-Blood deficiency.
- Yi Yi Ren and Cang Zhu resolve Dampness from the joints
- Qiang Huo and Du Huo resolve Wind-Dampness from the Governing Vessel in its upper and lower part respectively
- Fang Feng expels Wind
- Gui Zhi enters the blood vessels and helps to resolve Dampness
- Dang Gui and Chuan Xiong nourish and harmonize Blood which helps to expel Wind from the channels
- Gan Cao harmonizes
- Hai Feng Teng and Hai Tong Pi expel Wind-Dampness from the channels
- Ru Xiang invigorates Blood in the channels and stops pain
- Fa Ban Xia and Huang Qin resolve Dampness and Phlegm from the joints
If the Damp-Heat is no longer predominant, one should use a formula that addresses the Root (Ben), i.e. that tonifies the Spleen or the Kidneys or that nourishes Blood. In case of Blood deficiency, once can use Brocade Sinews™; if there is Kidney-Yin deficiency, one can use Nourish the Root.
Also, if no signs of Dampness prevail, one can use other general formulae to nourish Blood (such as Precious Sea™), tonify Kidney-Yang (Strengthen the Root™), nourish–Kidney-Yin (Nourish the Root®) or tonify Spleen-Qi (Prosperous Earth™).
If acupuncture is used, then it can be directed primarily at addressing the Root (Ben), i.e. nourishing Blood or strengthening the Kidneys and/or the Spleen (in addition to local points on the affected joints).
This product is a dietary (food) supplement, as prescribed by a qualified practitioner. It is not intended to treat, diagnose, prevent or cure any disease. Do not take if nursing or pregnant. Not intended to replace a varied diet. Not to be consumed for longer 3 months on a continued basis.